Date: May 1, 2012
Bringing a Smile to Utah
National Smile Month is coming to Utah, as West Family Dental will be holding a special event to back the international campaign.
To show their support, the team from West Family Dental in Murray Utah, will be holding a ‘Best Smile in Utah’ contest from May 1 through May 30, 2012 that aims to put the smile into National Smile Month. By holding the contest on their facebook page, the team hope to raise awareness of how important oral health is. The grand prize is $1250 worth of free dental procedure(s) for the winner’s friend, family member, or themselves.
Dr West from West Family Dental said: “National Smile Month is an excellent opportunity to bring an element of fun to a serious issue.
“Good oral health is vital for a healthy smile as well as a healthy body, and we’ll be spreading that message at our facebook page via the contest.”
The Foundation’s Chief Executive Dr Nigel Carter said: “I’m delighted that West Family Dental has joined the many schools, colleges, health professionals and other dental practices in engaging with National Smile Month. It is a great reflection of local community spirit and an excellent way to promote good oral health.
“Taking place from May 1 to May 30, the campaign is an ideal opportunity to learn about oral health in a fun and positive way.
“By making an event as fun and imaginative as possible, we hope it will inspire more people to join in the fun than ever before while delivering the Foundation’s three key messages for good oral health of brush for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste, cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks and visit the dentist regularly – as often as they recommend.”
For more information please visit www.danwestdmd.com, and/or their facebook page: facebook.com/bestsmileutah
- The British Dental Health Foundation is an independent charity that along with its global arm, the International Dental Health Foundation, is dedicated to improving the oral health of the public by providing free and impartial dental advice, by running educational campaigns like National Smile Month and by informing and influencing the public, profession and government on issues such as mouth cancer awareness and water fluoridation.
- National Smile Month was established in 1977 and is the UK’s biggest annual oral health campaign. The campaign is sponsored by headline sponsors Wrigley, Listerine, Oral-B and Steradent. The campaign runs in the UK from 20 May to 20 June 2012 is also being supported by Aldi, Argos, Bupa, Dencover, Denplan, Lloyds Pharmacy, Save Water Save Money, SleepRight, Smile-on and Wilkinson. The campaign promotes three key messages for great oral health:
- Brush your teeth for two minutes twice a day with a fluoride toothpaste;
- Cut down on how often you have sugary foods and drinks;
- Visit your dentist regularly, as often as they recommend.